Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hens, gobblers and short fiction

This will be my last blog for a week unless I get a moment tomorrow night, as I'm starting a writing-hunting vacation after work tomorrow. My goal for next week is two finished stories and at least one gobbler. In these pics are a couple of gobblers from previous successful hunts. And a pic of turkeys in the front field. I need one last story for the collection, to present to the publisher April 3. With the clock ticking on the manuscript, my annual spring holiday is timely. I'll be at the Blue Moon Lodge, which my wife and I built ten years ago above a waterfall at the north end of the Paint Rock River Valley. From the cabin, there's not one electric light in sight in any direction, no television, no phones, no Blackberry signal, and only one radio signal--though we do have neighbors at the foot of the mountain. John and Marsha Langlois are my friends from high school that visited our place one weekend and loved it so much they bought the adjoining property and moved there from Atlanta. To see how it looks visit John's Web site: www.foggybottomfarms.com. The waterfall you see on his site is John's half of the fall. Mine's hidden by the trees above what you see in the photo. The cabin is about a hundred yards from the top of the waterfall. For now...I'm off to see if I can meet a deadline writing fiction the same way I meet a deadline writing some kind of corporate communications.....

No comments: