Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Daniel Wallace at Lemuria

Visited with Daniel Wallace (www.danielwallace.org)after his reading and signing last Wednesday at Lemuria in Jackson. Had met Daniel at the Alabama Writers Symposium (www.ascc.edu)a few years ago. Then happened to be staying at a hotel in Spain next to a theatre showing Big Fish,so I sent him a digital picture of the marquee. That makes us pals right? Not exactly. I did take a run at getting a blurb from Daniel for the book. He read some of the work and said he liked what I was doing, but thought it might be confusing for the reader since we were attempting to do very different things with the writing. Anyway, I like his new book and bought a copy even though I'll get one through the Lemuria First Editions Club (www.lemuriabooks.com). A great way to always have a new, good book around.

No comments: