Thursday, November 22, 2007

Amazon listing for book

The book has been listed in amazon.com. Just go there, type in Philip Shirley and scroll down. You can get the regular Amazon discount plus an additional 5% if you purchase now. And if you buy two you can get free shipping. If you buy, email me and let me know and I will send you a signed bookplate to make it a signed first edition. If you want it warmly inscribed to you or others as gifts just let me know what names to use when you email me. Be sure to include your mailing address.

I also noticed that two people had listed my 1981 book, Endings, for sale at a good price if you like poetry. There are only a few of these first editions left in print.

An interesting thing: Amazon turns in their sales, so they are "counted" by the industry. But they only count up to five books per sale, so if you order six it would only count as five. And, the sales that are pre-sold all count on the first week of books shipping, so anything that is sold now will help the book get off to a great start because all sales are reported that first week. Good stuff to know if you have a book upcoming.

Don't forget...they don't charge your card until the book is available, which will be after they ship to the sellers on March 1, 2008.

I have lots more to report on my meeting with the publisher this week in Chattanooga, but for now I have a big deadline. Final edits by Monday!.....Thanks, Philip

No comments: